1. Price & Payment
1.1. The price of the Products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
1.2. Product prices & delivery charges exclude VAT.
1.3. Product prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
1.4. Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product’s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you that we are rejecting it.
1.5. If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have been reasonably recognised by you as an error, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
1.6. Payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card. We accept all major credit and debit cards with the exception of American Express.
1.7. Any amendments to orders that require an additional payment will be taken from the card details originally provided. If we are unable to do so, we will contact you for the additional payment.
2. Our Refunds Policy
2.1. It is advisable when returning any item(s) to us you cover with the appropriate additional insurance to cover the total item(s) value. If this additional cover isn’t applied to item(s) that are returned to us we cannot be held responsable for any damage that may occur in transit by the carrier.
2.2. If you return a Product to us because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the seven-day cooling-off period, we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 10 days of the day on which you returned the Products to us. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, and any applicable delivery charges. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. Products returned after the 10 day period will be subject to a restocking charge of up to 25%.
2.3. If you return the Products to us for any other reason for instance, because you consider that the Product is defective, or in circumstances where you notify us the Products are defective and we agree to collect them from you on a date agreed between us or we ask you to return the Products to us at our cost or we agree that you can provide suitable photographic evidence, we will examine the returned Product or evidence as appropriate and will notify you:
- 2.3.1. that we will provide you with a full or partial refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time; or
- 2.3.2. replace the Products; or
- 2.3.3. repair the Products.
2.4. We will usually process any refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund. We will, where we agree a refund, refund the price of a defective Product in full, any applicable delivery charges and if relevant, any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
2.5. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
2.6. These terms and conditions will apply to any repaired or replacement Products we supply to you.
2.7. Non returnable products:
- 2.7.1. Kitchens Units as these are make bespoke to your order;
- 2.7.2. Bespoke painted doors;
- 2.7.3. Bespoke painted cornices, plinths, pelmet & decorative items;
- 2.7.4. Colour matched doors, cornices, plinths, pelmet & decorative items;
- 2.7.5. Any items made as a special request;
- 2.7.6. Any other painted items maybe rejected at our discretion;
3. Import Duty
3.1. If you order Products from our site for delivery outside the United States, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
3.2. Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
4. Bespoke, Custom Made Kitchen Units, Bespoke Painted Kitchens & Oak Timber Kitchens
4.1. Our site allows you to provide your own specific measurements and specifications, it also provides you with the opportunity to send to us any special requirements or instructions you may have. Please ensure all of these are completed fully and accurately as we shall not be liable for any defects or incorrect Products delivered as a result of your failure to provide correct information to enable us to deliver the Products in accordance with the Contract.
4.2. Consumers cannot cancel, return or obtain refunds for items that are made to the customer’s own specification or size (Unless manufactured incorrectly by DIY Kitchens). It is essential that you are happy with your kitchen order prior to confirming/paying for the order online on our website.
All the kitchen units we produce are made to order (not taken from existing stock) to the customer’s own specification. (Read more on bespoke/custom items )
4.3. When placing an order for a painted kitchen please be aware of the following:-
- 4.3.1. Due to the bespoke nature of a painted product, it is not possible to cancel or return orders once they have entered the production stage or have been delivered.
- 4.3.2. Although we strive to maintain consistency, for a bespoke painted product there will be batch to batch variances and we cannot guarantee an exact colour match between orders.
- 4.3.3. We will hold the paint batch for your kitchen for 1 month from the kitchen going into production and we highly recommend you double check your order before completing to avoid any part orders or additional extras. After 1 month all batches of paint are disposed with, if you require us to order more for additional extras there will be a charge for this and again we cannot guarantee the batch variances.
- 4.3.4. Bespoke painted products are susceptible to cracking along joints. Touch-up paints are available to order.
- 4.3.5. The paint colours on our sample doors are indicative of the colours in our bespoke painted range but may not be exact due to batch variances mentioned above.
4.4. When placing an order for a oak timber kitchen please be aware of the following:-
- 4.4.1. Oak is a natural product and incorporates features such as knots and medullary rays. Different grain structures and subtle differences in hue make each piece of oak unique. We specially select our timber to give a balance between character and consistency.
4.5 As a natural product, timber is susceptible to changes in temperature, light and humidity. The timber we use to make shaker kitchen doors is thoroughly kiln dried ready for processing to minimise any movement in the timber. When painted, environmental changes can sometimes cause very slight ‘whisper lines’ in the paint along flush joints. This is normal for a timber product and won’t affect the door when in use.
4.6 We have invested in state of the art spray lines in order to achieve a high quality, furniture finish on all our painted doors. We quality check our doors to ensure consistently high standards. Doors are inspected for defects by holding at arm’s length. This is an industry standard method for checking painted timber and timber derived materials such as MDF. The reason doors are checked at arm’s length and not scrutinised close-up is that the nature of this type of product means that sometimes very small particles may be present in the lacquered surface. These tiny inclusions are normal and won’t affect the overall look of the kitchen or the durability of the door when in use.